Sunday, March 14, 2010

memeories

Memories....They have test's now to show what a person is thinking and what part of the brain the memory is stored and how we recall the memory, it is far from perfected yet and no it cant read our minds, not yet at least. I think its pretty amazing what goes on in our minds. The other day I was thinking of a past relationship I had and I realized that I was playing over and over in my head the memories of this person when things were good between us. It made me feel good to think of this person and I felt like I was there again in that time, until I painfully remembered I was back in the now and that memory of that person although stored in my mind was over in the present. Why did I keep drifting back in my mind and think these thoughts? I guess because it felt good, was it healthy , not really, could I help it, NO.
Its funny how a certain song or smell can set us off. I can remember a summer night when I was 15 and could not sleep. I had made chocolate chip cookies and was with my friends all day. When this certain song comes on the radio I always go back to that night , its so weird because it wasn't a milestone or anything, but every time I hear that song, "All by myself" I am there in that bed, hot summer night, the smell of cookies and I cant sleep
I know now everything points to the present and in the now, but we do have to make good memories. As much as were suppose to be in the now we drift back and we remember and eventually the bad is forgotten and the good remains and leaves us with a warmth, like a cozy fire on a cold winters night.

No comments:

Post a Comment